Real estate and financial services business ecosystems are being reshaped by new technologies including software-as-a-service, cloud technologies, mobile, artificial intelligence and machine learning, virtual and augmented reality, and blockchain technologies. These technologies are driving change through greater automation, enhanced user experiences, and cost efficiencies. In our interaction with the market, we observed that many early to mid-stage real estate technology (RETech) and financial technology (FinTech) companies had innovative platforms with significant potential, but they lacked sector-specific operational and regulatory experience and market connections. In response, in 2019 we formed our first fund to bring strategic capital and an active investment strategy to the RETech and FinTech markets informed by our deep sector experience and market connections.
Rice Park targets RETech and FinTech investments in late seed through series C rounds where companies have viable products and services. We invest using a set of key principles for the companies we invest in:
- Run by proven founders and executives.
- Solving significant problems in large addressable markets.
- Using technology to achieve scale and create barriers to entry.
- Operating in sectors where Rice Park possesses deep expertise.
- Employing a defined strategic plan where Rice Park can make a significant positive impact.
For more information about Rice Park venture capital strategies or to inquire about other investment opportunities, Email Us